Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Room is Ready!

After much preparation my room is finally ready for the new school year!  This year I continued with my "sunflower" theme, but added some colorful tissue paper pompoms to make it a little more "fun!"  The following pictures were taken just before the room came alive with the excitement of students and parents coming in with all of their school supplies on "Backpack" night.  We hold this the night before the first day of school.


This was taken from my desk area.

Our Listening Center where students listen to books on tape and CDs.

A view from the door looking toward the front of the room.

The "meeting area" where students gather to hear stories, lessons, and  participate in  IWB activities.

Here you see our collection of leveled books for self-selected reading time.

My  "teacher" area.

Our "Wonder Center" where students can explore non-fiction books and objects  of nature.  They will record their "wonders" in a notebook to be discussed later as a class.

Our "Word Wall" will be built on the doors of these cabinets.



Flower Clip Art

2 comments:

  1. I love the blues and yellows---so pretty!!!

    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your room and the bright colors. What a great place for your Firsties to learn. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Comments